Unité Inserm 833 “Angiogénèse embryonnaire et pathologique”
What if immune system efficacy against cancerous cells could be reinforced by a diet in which calories are not reduced but nutrients are precisely determined? This what Inserm researchers from Université Côte d’Azur, through a study of the effects of restrictive diets ...
Skeletal muscle wasting, a process commonly associated with aging but also seen with various chronic diseases (obesity, cancer, kidney failure), situations of immobilization (accidents, post-operative periods) or prolonged weightlessness (astronauts), strongly impacts quality of life. Researchers from the Cardiovascular, Metabolism, Diabetology and ...
“Thalidomide stimulates vessel maturation and reduces epistaxis in individuals with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia”
Franck Lebrin1, Samly Srun1, Karine Raymond2, Sabrina Martin1, Stieneke van den Brink3, Catarina Freitas1, Christiane Bréant1, Thomas Mathivet1, Bruno Larrivée1, Jean-Léon Thomas4, Helen M Arthur5, Cornelis J J Westermann6, Frans Disch6, Johannes J Mager6, Repke J Snijder6, Anne Eichmann1,8 & Christine L Mummery7,8
(1) Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U833, Collège de France, Paris, France
(2) Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR144, Paris, France
(3) Hubrecht Institute, Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Research, Utrecht, the Netherlands
(4) Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U711, Paris, France
(5) Institute of Human Genetics, International Centre for Life, Newcastle University, Newcastle, UK
(6) St Antonius Hospital, Nieuwegein, the Netherlands
(7) Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, the Netherlands
(8) These authors contributed equally to this work.