For the second consecutive year, FameLab, the international scientific communication competition organised by the British Council and its partners, is coming back to France !
Who is this competition for?
Whether you are a young researcher, student or teacher of science, FameLab invites you to present your chosen subject for three minutes to a panel of professionals from the communications, research and media sectors.
Three criteria need to be met: content, clarity and charisma!
How do you take part?
Heats will take place throughout France between March and April 2015 in partnership with scientific cultural organisations:
– Brest, Océanopolis, Friday 6 March 2015 (closing date for entries 28 February 2015);
– Marseille, Campus Saint-Charles, Tuesday 10 March 2015 (closing date for entries 3 March 2015);
– Toulouse, Bazacle, Thursday 26 March 2015 (closing date for entries 13 March 2015);
– Villeneuve d’Ascq, Forum des Sciences, Saturday 4 April 2015 (closing date for entries 4 March 2015);
– Bordeaux, Cap Sciences, Friday 10 April 2015 (closing date for entries 10 March 2015);
– Paris, venue and date to be announced in February
The national final will take place on 21 May in Paris.
Unavailable for the regional heats? You can submit a video entry.
Participation in FameLab also means:
An opportunity for the participants:
– to interact with other science enthusiasts and enjoy networking with FameLab candidates from France and around the world;
– to benefit from the informed opinions of recognised specialists;
– to publicly present the results of research, and share their passion for science.
Winners will receive:
– A two-day Masterclass at CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) in Geneva in order to refine their oral presentation technique and communication skills;
– For the national winner, the opportunity to take part in the international Grand Final at the Cheltenham Science Festival in the UK.
All information on the competition and registration is available on the British Council website.
For any other questions: firstname.lastname@example.org