Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a debilitating neurological disease which affects 80,000 individuals in France. At the moment, there is no known cause or cure. There are only treatments for the disease symptoms. Given the need to keep patients informed of progress in research, Inserm and Fondation ARSEP organise national meetings between researchers and patients every two years.
For this 3rd meeting, to be held on Friday 22 November, 9 French research laboratories that have received support from Fondation ARSEP will be opening their doors to individuals with multiple sclerosis and their families. This unique national one-day meeting is based on dialogue and building a space where researchers and patients can share knowledge.
How can myelin be repaired and visualised? What modifications take place at the blood-brain barrier during the illness? What is the current status of viral research or antibody drugs? These are the types of questions that the researchers will try to answer.
List of research laboratories in France :
– Caen – Centre Cyceron
– Dijon – Centre d’investigation clinique/Faculté de médecine
– Grenoble – Institut Albert Bonniot – CHU
– Paris – ENS (Ecole Normale Supérieure) – Institut Cochin et l’ICM (Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Épinière)
– Strasbourg – Institut de physique biologique (l’Hôpital civil)
– Toulouse – Centre de Physiopathologie Toulouse-Purpan
– Marseille – Laboratoire CNRS universitaire et hospitalo-universitaire – CHU la Timone
Inserm Research Director Alain Eychène is taking the helm at the French National Cancer Institute’s Research and Innovation division. In this new role, he will also head the Aviesan Multi-Organization Institute (ITMO) for cancer and will manage Inserm’s Cancer institute. ...
Inserm, with the support of the REACTing network, Public Health France, the country’s university hospitals, and the French College of Teachers in General Practice, is launching COVIREIVAC. This platform for the clinical evaluation of COVID-19 vaccine candidates will make it possible to ...